Thursday, August 30, 2007

I am drafting 2 p...

I am drafting 2 proposals for Roundtable Discussions at Lumos - yay! Now I desperately need the help of my wise and kinky flist. Please take a second to caress the ticky boxes below and bring my decisions to a head. *snigger* (Mind in the gutter now? Excellent.) Seriously, I'd like these Roundtable Discussions to be very fanon-positive, sexuality-positive and affirming the great things about Femslash and Genderswitching: love, acceptance, diverse identities, freedom to be in love, and expression of self-identity. Personally, I think it's amazing that slash, femslash and genderswitching have found such acceptance within our fandom, even if the vehicle is smut (or gen!), when in our culture at large homophobia and transphobia are still frightening realities. Anyway, onto The Happy...Poll #649165 Lumos Roundtable Ideas
Open to: All, results viewable to: AllLet's say you're an uber-fan of gender switching at Lumos. Which workshop title appeals?

View Answers"Under the Switching Spell: Fanon as a Catalyst for Genderqueer Expression" 6 (40.0%)"Playing with Polyjuice: Magical Mechanisms for Exploring Gender Identity" 11 (73.3%)Genderswitching?!!!! I check all the ticky boxes, for JOY! 3 (20.0%)

No comments: